.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

How To Dress Up Jeans & Tanks + My Lush Cosmetics Obsession


Hi Darlings!

Woohoo it's the first day of spring! Are you excited to pull out your sandals and maxi dresses? I am.
Today is a mash up of new things I currently love and wanted to share but first things first.... "How to dress up a pair of jeans and tank top"

I get asked often how I manage to make casual look chic, and although I don't have some magical styling dust that I can sprinkle on I do have a formula...

1. The first thing in dressing up jeans is to add height with your shoes. Put on some heels or wedges and that will instantly change the jeans look to a more chic look.

2. The boyfriend jean works the best for this look I am wearing. It lends itself to the "effortless" look I want, and adding the barely there heel adds sex appeal to the baggy look.

3. Wear a loose or fitted tank depending on your preference and go for grey or pastel colors this season. Do my signature front tuck to avoid the boxy or sloppy look.

4. Add jewelry to your jeans look. A little bling or even a few boho chic accessories add that extra little something your look needs. Never be afraid to stack on accessories when you're rocking the simple jeans and t-shirt/tank look. The simpler your look, the more accessories you can get away with wearing.

5. Grab a clutch or slouchy bag in a yummy color or stick with the classic cognac bag that works all year round.
**I am wearing Size 26 Gap Jeans and XS Tank**
Gap Jeans HERE  (on sale)  / Gap Tank HERE (on sale) / Steve Madden Heels HERE / J. Crew Clutch (similar) HERE / F21 Accessories




My daughter recently exposed me to the amazing yumminess that is LUSH and I am so hooked, lol I made a video of some recent purchases I have made including some LUSH goodness. Have you guys tried any of their products?


Burts Bees Foot Cream HERE
Covergirl True Match The Luminizer HERE
L'Oreal Extraordinaire Gel Lacque HERE
Lush 
HERE

"We Believe... in making effective products from fresh*, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics."


#sharingiscaring

13 comments:

  1. I love Gaps boyfriend jeans, I have two pair and just snagged the 2nd during the recent 40%off sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIMI Lush is the best.. try DARK ANGEL; charcoal scrub that u can use once a week
    all there bath bombs, and my last 2 faves are buffy body soap & OCEAN SALT..
    they all give me life..
    Cant wait to go to LUSH SPA for my bday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first single photo Mimi, you look fierce

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way cute!. Now to go work on my arms.....lol

    Muse....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually do my own gel nails at home. I bought the Sensationail kit which comes with the LED light but there are others, like Sally Hansen. I use other gel color brands with the system as long they say LED light on the bottle like OPI Gel Color. I just got a chance to try a brand called Gelish which I purchased from Sally Beauty Supply and love it. When applied right your manicure will last two weeks and be ultra shiny. Like I can't stop looking at my nails shiny. Only downside is you have to soak your nails in acetone to remove, but it's worth it. Once you do the final cure you can go do dishes, put your hands in your pocket, work in your garden, go to bed. lolol They are completely dry. I also love Seche Vite....the fastest drying top coat out there hands down. The only top coat I use for my regular mani/pedis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are always fabulous no matter what you wear. Just a question: do you own every Steve Madden shoe? I love their shoes and I have way more than I ever had thanks to you. They add the right touch every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pointers on dressing up jeans. And I love Lush too - I recommend the bath bombs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharing is Caring! Thanks for the product suggestions! I picked up the Burts Bee Foot Cream this morning. Can't wait to add it to my nighttime routine - gotta get my footsies ready for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love you and your fashion....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am currently in love with LUSH products too! The bath bombs, the scrubs, soaps, I love them all. I have a new obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute look, thanks for the tips. I am going to have to try a pair of the boyfriend jeans from GAP.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your style and tips. Thanks honey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so using this style...thanks for sharing! You are creating a new me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.